Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ASL: Yunchelle


Name: Michelle
Location: Little Saigon C:
Favorite Genre of Music: acoustic, folk, alternative, kpop, indie, r&b, electronic (the rave-y music, I don't really know how to generalize it.)
Favorite Artist: JOSH RITTER always always always
(currently into) kpop, Mario, Michael Buble's new album "Crazy Love," Alexi Murdoch, bringing back 103.1 fm
(wanna look into) jazz, Fanfarlo, Meiko, Dawn Landes, Camera Obscura, the new Tegan and Sara album, Jose Gonzalez
(will always love) Josh Ritter, kpop, The Strokes, The Killers,
Posting Style: Whenever I come across something I dig
Random/Corny Fact About Yourself: I got into a car accident the first time I drove my car... not twenty feet from my driveway :)


---

Here is my soul mate, er, Josh Ritter. He's a folk singer from Idaho and gained much more popularity in Ireland than he did in the States. His lyrics are enticing, his music moving, and his voice uplifting - he is my epitome of a true musical talent. Also, he is much better live than on record!! Gotta love that. If his music doesn't get you, his personality will! If his personality still doesn't get you, his bassist's mustache will!

This is one if his most famous songs, "Kathleen." Though the quality of the video is pretty horrendous (sorry!), his enthusiasm to be performing transcends the general crappiness of youtube :)


2 comments:

Charmaine said...

Welcome Michelle!! Yay your first post!! :) Btw, I like this Josh Ritter song!! Can't wait to hear more from you :D

(And if you want to get rid of that "Read more/expand post" link at the bottom, just go to "Edit HTML" when you edit your post and delete the [span style="full post"][/span] code at the top!)

Charlene Grace said...

MICHELLEEEE!!! :)

Welcome! Awesome post!! <3

I like your style of music :) I actually haven't heard of Josh Ritter before, but he sounds pretty cool. Doesn't look so bad either ;) Hahaha.