Tuesday, March 15, 2011

THEME: Music that 'pumps you up.'

I don't know how to phrase it, but I need music that physically gets you going.

I should probably explain: I plan to do a half marathon in approximately 45 days, with my first "test" run (13.1 miles) in four weeks. As of right now, after about seventy days of training, I can do 11 miles (11.25 to be exact) at approximately 9 mins per a mile (plus-or-minus 30 secs). From this, I am estimating my half marathon time will be approximately 2.5 hours (which is below average, but it's more important you finish than you go fast). Ergo, I need approximately two and a half hours of music. I need you guys to provide me the soundtrack that will supplement my victory (LOL) or defeat (likely).

Right now I know I'll start out with Thrice's "Cold Cash and Colder Hearts" and aptly finish with "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie, and for sure I will have Radiohead's "Bodysnatchers" in the middle. As you can tell, these are fairly diverse musical selections, ergo, anything goes as long as it gets you "pumped." Seriously, don't be afraid to suggest/recommend 5-10 songs (just don't recommend whole albums). I'm pretty sure it'll take about 30-40 songs (if the average song is four mins long) to fill my quota.

Too long, didn't read: I need 2.5 hours of music to listen to whilst I partake in a physically-demanding [for me at least] endeavor. Make it good "box-heads" (LOL).

No comments: