Saturday, October 31, 2009

Girls Just Want to Have Fun -- with an Indie Makeover

[Edit: Apparently, Starfucker changed their name to "PYRAMIDDD" just this past October. Hmm.]


Happy Halloween all!

I'm posting another song by PYRAMIDDD, one of my favorite indie bands. Lately, I've been listening to a Cyndi Lauper CD a friend gave me; the song "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" inevitably came up.

PYRAMIDDD covered the song, which I am posting here for you all. It's quite quirky (and perky). They did a good job!

Here's a link to Cyndi Lauper's original version of the song.


PYRAMIDDD/Starfucker - Girls Just Want to Have Fun

And an interesting find--The Killers covered the song as well (huh?!).

(By the way, Miley Cyrus covered the song too, apparently. This would be my Halloween song to go with the theme, if you get my drift.)

No comments: