Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

I've been meaning to post this song for a while... "Summer Breeze" (1972) by Seals & Crofts! A beautiful song with beautiful lyrics. I love listening to 70s folk music (my dad got me into it. I was practically raised with it). I'll be posting more 70s folk in the near future.


Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

Also, Jason Mraz apparently made a cover of this wonderful song... [Expand the post to see covers of this song.]


Jason Mraz - Summer Breeze


I just don't think he did the song justice though. It's a hard song to top, in my opinion. I know The Isley Brothers had their own version (made in 1974), though, which was pretty popular. A bit more sensual:


The Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze

See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night.
A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

See the paper layin' in the sidewalk, a little music from the house next door.
So I walked on up to the doorstep, through the screen and across the floor.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom. July is dressed up and playing her tune.
And I come home from a hard day's work, and you're waiting there, not a care in the world.
See the smile a-waitin' in the kitchen, food cookin' and the plates for two.
See the arms that reach out to hold me, in the evening when the day is through.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind.



Which version is your favorite?

2 comments:

Charlene Grace said...

Hot picture of Mr. Mraz.

The beginning of his cover sounds like the "bop-bi-di-bo!" thing going on in his newer edition of "I'm Yours."

His cover of "Summer Breeze" is pretty good, though. Just too much "whoa whoa whoa" and "yeah yeah yeah.

Charmaine said...

LOL "bop-bi-di-bo!"

...Ehhh. I wish he didn't do that for "Summer Breeze", haha.