Sunday, August 9, 2009

She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?

So I tagged this in accordance to what She & Him's MySpace says, but this song hella reminds me of The Pipettes. I dig the vocal harmonies towards the end; totally sample-able. She & Him consists of M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel. Zooey has starred in such movies as Elf, (500) Days of Summer, and a few others I can't remember. She's currently engaged to Ben Gibbard from Death Cab for Cutie, and on an even greater side note, she's gluten-intolerant, vegan, and soy-free (how the hell do you satisfy a girl like that? 10,000 scene points to Gibbard). Also, M. Ward is working on a project with Conor and Mike from Bright Eyes called Monsters of Folk. Monsters of Folk? Damn, that's a hella big name to live up to.

Anyways, I hella dig this song.

6 comments:

Charlene Grace said...

I love this song!!

Charlene Grace said...

Weird music video, though. Creeps me out.

Justin said...

You saw that episode of Top Chef, too?

mark said...

Top Chef is legit bro!

hazelinafofeena said...

LOVE this song

Charmaine said...

Hahah Hazel, I thought of you when I played this!