Sunday, June 28, 2009

ASL: Will

Name: William Sapigao
Location: Bay Area/ San Jose, CA
Favorite Genre of Music: Classic Rock, 80's, 90's, Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Alternative, Doo Wop
Favorite Artists:
(currently into) adele, kanye west, the fray, t.i., black-eyed peas, the dream
(wanna look into) ANYTHING. I'm not a music guru like many of you but I'm open to new things.
(will always love) green day, air supply, michael & janet jackson, the temptations, lauryn hill, boys II men
Posting Style: Whatever comes to mind, I will post. I like details but I'll also keep it short and sweet.
Random/Corny Fact About Yourself: Someone once thought I was Indian. Lol.

Anyway, I was at work and some kid asked what type of music I listen to. FYI, he's 13. I named a few genres and he told me some of his. And I started telling him about some of the first artists I used to listen to as a kid. When I got to hip hop, I mentioned Naughty by Nature. Although, he had NO IDEA who they were. Crazy, huh? I was pretty shocked. But worse, he made me feel really old. Anyway, I thought about it that night and remembered how naughty by nature played a big role in the era of 90's music, especially for hip hop. So just to jumpstart this post, here's a taste of that music for your listening pleasure.

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Yay!! Welcome, Will!

I've never heard of Naughty by Nature, actually... LOL. Oops? They sound really good though. I didn't listen to much hip hop when I was younger.

Yeah Boys II Men!!


...And someone thought you were Indian? Please explain ahah.