Monday, June 22, 2009

First sharing post! Shiina Ringo!

I guess I'll start off with my favorite artist ever: Shiina Ringo (last name first, though I normally use Western nomenclature with Japanese artists, "Ringo Shiina" has always looked and sounded kind of weird to me). I discovered Ms. Shiina during my freshman year of college when trying to listen to Japanese music that wasn't in anime. I fell in love with her versatility as an artist as well as her prescence on stage. Anyway, some people have compared her to Bjork, and if you've listened to either artist, you'll have no idea how that comparison came about. xD

Okay, I know it says only one video, but I'm trying to demonstrate Shiina's versatility. So...I'll post a video and a link to a video! It's the same song, but two different versions. The first link is the recorded version, sort of a chill, jazzy, bossa nova type of song, and the video is how she performs it live; pretty much a punk version.

Oh! Also, if you like any of this, I'll be happy to give you better quality versions. Just IM me, I'm usually online as long as I am at home.

Listen to this one first!

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

I thought it was interesting how her live performance of the song was so different from the song in the video you linked! I have to say that I like the jazzy-ish version more, though. Haha. It is very chill.

And NO, I do not see the Bjork resemblance?? lol.