Friday, June 26, 2009

In Tough Times

A lot as been going on with me lately: I'm beginning to feel more and more distant from my family, financial troubles have really started to hit me and my family harder than I could ever imagine, I've started a new job in a new area for the summer, and there just seem to be more and more things to worry about each day. It's times like these that I lounge and think ... and get thrown into minor pits of depression. And nothing soothes depression like a good song with real emotion in it. Lately, that song for me has been Crossfade's "Never Coming Home". Although the song is obviously more about a broken relationship, the subtle bluesy sadness of the piano and the slight voice of anguish really help me channel my mood. And singing along is just a really cathartic experience sometimes. :)

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

The piano in the background really evokes a lot of emotion (not to mention the great vocals). Thanks for sharing this! Btw, I hope you're okay :(. If you wanna talk I'm just a call away!

Sincerely,
Charmaine