Thursday, June 25, 2009

The KING of Pop.

I'm sorry to double up on Jerick's post but I was also really shocked, upset & sad when I heard the news. Contemporary pop stars like Britney, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Chris Brown (and so many more) have ALL been influenced by Michael Jackson: his timeless songs, his smooth moves and choreography, his captivating & mesmerizing stage presence... and especially his music videos which were huge productions in themselves! Even as a kid, I came to appreciate the stories he would tell through the songs that he sang & danced to. "Thriller"? "Billie Jean"? "Remember the Time?" Need I say more? I can't even imagine where music would be without him. He wasn't just a singer or dancer, he was & always will be a music icon. Rest in peace, M.J. We'll miss you but your music will truly live on forever.

Michael Jackson & Britney - "The Way You Make Me Feel"

No comments: