Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Karma...

Radiohead - Karma Police



I've never been much of a Radiohead fan, but every now and then they come out with something so intoxicating it's hard to hold partisan lines.

I mean, it's a very "you-have-to-be-in-the-mood" kind of song, but hey, I guess I'm in that mood: called in for work, major nausea, so I'm in bed, sifting through files and listening to Pandora--and this is what came up.

So sit back, throw your inhibitions to the wind and just dig the sweet hypnotic sound of Thom Yorke.

Similarly, another English band that has my attention at the moment is an 80's revival attempt at the cool sounds of electronica infused with hard riffs and nice synthesization.

Depeche Mode - Wrong
Depeche Mode has come back swinging with their whole album, "Sounds of the Universe" with the track "Wrong" really catching my attention. The video is really trippy and very movie-esque which is always pretty cool in my book when it comes to music video production.

DIG IT.
It's not possible to embed the song as per DM's request, so just follow the link on over to YouTube really quick. I promise you'll like it.


click me PLEASE

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

The video for "Karma Police" has always freaked me out ahha. But nevertheless, it's one of the Radiohead songs that I like. Good choice with the Depeche Mode song, btw! I'm glad they're still around!

Sincerely,
Charmaine

Luis Rosales said...

yeah the karma police video is kinda weird...but karma's an interesting topic in and of itself. :P

yeah depeche is consistently surprising me :]

Charmaine said...

I just realized that both of these videos have similar themes--a car ride meant to kill or hurt somebody. The Depeche video is freaky!