Monday, July 13, 2009

An Amazingly Talented Duo

Last weekend on my long drive from San Jose to LA, my apartment-mate introduced me to this amazing little duo: Rodrigo y Gabriela. With only two acoustic guitars and an impressively unique strumming technique, these two make an amazing sound that's part Flamenco, part Heavy Metal, and all spectacular.

I must say, I have quite a weakness for guitars (and, really, for most string instruments), so their music just about makes me melt. My personal favorite song of theirs is "Ixtapa" (since they work in a violin), but all of the songs are worth listening to! Check them out on MySpace!

3 comments:

hazelinafofeena said...

LOVE rodrigo y gabriela!
its my goal in life to be able to play the gabriela part for tamacun
sooo good

Charlene Grace said...

Whoa, I like this. Sounds so intricate!

canobot said...

@hazelinafofeena i know, right? my roommmate has their bonus DVD that came with their CD, and it has a little tutorial of how to play Tamacun and it's INSANE. gabriela's strumming technique is amazing! my roommate's been practicing to get it down, though! sounds really cool!