Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jaymay - Gray or Blue

Hello everyone! I've been meaning to post for the longest time, but I haven't been able to find time (until now :] ) to post something other than my profile. So for my first musical post, I'd like to share a song called "Gray or Blue" by one of my favorite indie artists, Jaymay. A friend of mine introduced me to this song around the end of fall quarter last year, and I totally fell in love with the song. It's one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar and still probably one of my favorites to play (because it's fairly easy haha). I couldn't find an official music video, and I didn't really like any of her live versions, so I found a YouTube user's video of the song set to a clip from Serendipity (one of my favorite movies :] ). Enjoy :]



I found some other songs of hers on Pandora, and I'd definitely recommend her song "Snow White" if you like this one.


And if you're interested, I did a cover of this song back in January, when I was even more of a noob at guitar. The audio isn't that great, but if you ever see me in possession of a guitar, feel free to request a live version and I'd be happy to do it for you :] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU05NA3cu-o

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

Yayy, Hazel's first music post! :)

Love the song and your cover!!

Serendipity is one of my favorite movies too, haha.

Anonymous said...

I second Charmaine's comment. One of my favorites as well haha!