Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ASL: Jake

Name: Jake
Location: San Diego, CA or Irvine, CA
Favorite Genre of Music: Indie Rock, Synthetic Pop, Alternative
Favorite Artist:
(currently into) Blind Pilot, The Decemberists, Plushgun, The Apples in The Stereo, Ingrid Michaelson
(wanna look into) The Shins, Someone Still Loves you Boris Yeltsin, of Montrael
(will always love) The Postal Service, The Beatles, Rilo Kiley, Mae, Copeland
Posting Style: If I find a good song, I'll post it :D
Random/Corny Fact About Yourself: I'm 6 foot tall...and full asian, at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I was going to post another song but I came upon this when browsing Youtube. Whenever this song pops up on the radio I immediately change it but when watching this I was actually very intrigued that she can actually sing, the style of this performance reminds me of 1920's cabaret music. She's very out there, and it shows in this video, but I really cant deny she has a singing voice.

6 comments:

Charmaine said...

Heyy!! Welcome Jake!! :)

Yay, I love "Poker Face" haha. You're right, though. Lady Gaga can sing. Btw I like your choice in bands up there ;).

Just one note--don't forget to label your own username! Just so it's easier to filter your own posts. (Also, perhaps a more specific label of Lady Gaga's music? Is she considered pop? I don't even know lol.) Thank you!!

mark said...

Yeah don't forget to the right tags Jake.

mark said...

And if you like Lady Gaga, check out Regina Spektor. She's not like Lady Gaga's techno-y stuff, but she sounds like this video you posted.

ayejakeyoulate said...

I tagged it acoustic since this specific song/performance is done with only a piano, but im also not exactly sure what her specific genre is haha

and ive listened to a few songs by Regina Spektor, shes pretty good!

Charlene Grace said...

Wow, she can sing. Interesting version...

RagamuffinKing said...

Damn she's so ugly. XFD