Friday, July 3, 2009

A Discussion on Electronic Music, Some Original Songs

Hey Everyone!

I've noticed that one of my favorite genres of music, electronica, has garnered some labels. Below I've embedded some original electronic music, mixed and produced on my laptop using a program entitled Dance Ejay 7. All of the sounds you'll hear are original, edited and created by myself.

I would love to hear your comments and suggestions, because the difference between good electronic music and bad is often very subtle. I'd also like to start a miniature discussion, barring people's interest, on the nature of electronic music. What defines the various sub-genres within that larger label? What do the words Chill, House, Trance, Techno, Electro, Drum&Bass, Experimental, and Ambient even mean?

Thanks to Justin for posting the Imogen Heap song. I love that song, and I have a trance version of it that is truly remarkable.


3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Hey! Welcome!

Just so you know, I edited your blog since the text wasn't showing up the entire way. It seems like you're copying and pasting your blogs perhaps from Microsoft Word or some sort of word processor? In any case, if you're going to copy & paste your entries, paste it onto Notepad so that there are no weird scripts floating around in the HTML.

(Or simply type directly into the blog itself. Blogger automatically saves what you're typing every few minutes.)

Also, if your music is considered electronica, please don't forget to label your entry! I added the label of your own username for you. Don't forget to read my updates in "The News Box" on the sidebar to the right. Thanks!


Sincerely,
Charmaine

918particle said...

Cool! Thanks for the edits.

mark said...

I suggest discussion articles get the label "discussion." I'd like to see them more often. In terms of electronica, sub-genres are really up to whatever people prefer. I know "punk" has been confused with "thrash metal." So it's all in the [ear] of the beholder.