Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Morning of - Reverie

I want to start a series of a couple posts about live shows. Before I was 18, I had only been to about two live concerts in my life: Jethro Tull and Hootie and the Blowfish with my dad. Once I turned 18, I took my girlfriend at the time to Warped Tour for her birthday. It ended up being a pretty cool event, and it definitely wasn't what I expected. At the end of the summer I went back again to the final show (I got to see the first show and the last one) with Tony and Camila to see Meg & Dia. I didn't think it was all that great, but then Tony told me that a band I was starting to like a little bit (The Higher) was playing at Chain Reaction, close by our house, the following week. They were playing with two bands, June and My American Heart. That show at Chain Reaction set off a chain reaction that fueled my interest in indie music that has grown so much to this day. Had it not been for that show, I never would have heard of bands like My American Heart, June, We Shot the Moon, Waking Ashland, Everybody Else, Sherwood, A Change of Pace, and so many more. And if it wasn't for that first show, I never would have heard of one of my favorite bands, The Morning Of.

I remember going to this show in December with the best group of people ever (Charmaine, Mark, Charlene, Ace, Jerick, and Julisa) and it would have to be my second favorite show ever. The bands that played were Artist vs Poet, Danger Radio, My American Heart, and The Morning Of. The audio for the video isn't too good, but we're at this show, so there =P Look them up and check them out at

Enjoy






P.S.


I like this little link thing. Too bad I don't use it =P

No comments: